The PRISM Employment Support Service (ESS) is a strengths-based, trauma-informed employment support program for 2SLGBTQIA+ adults living in BC. Prism ESS is a partnership program between QMUNITY and YWCA Metro Vancouver.
About The Program
Participants receive up to 12 one-to-one coaching sessions with an employment advisor, as well as employment workshops.
- One-to-one individualized support delivered by a trained trauma and resilience-informed career case manager
- In-person, online and hybrid delivery options are available
- Weekly group employment skill and confidence-building workshops such as goal setting, personality dimensions, growth mindset, career research, resume and cover letters, interview skills, and other relevant topics
- Community referrals and access to other WorkBC services
- Access to personal counseling sessions*
- Financial assistance for transit, occupational training, clothing, and child care*
*Subject to funding and eligibility for WorkBC Employment Services
- Canadian citizens, protected refugees, or permanent residents living in BC who identifiy as 2SLGBTQIA+
- 19+ years and up
- Willing to commit to 12 weeks of individualized one-to-one weekly sessions with their case manager, attend employment workshops and to independently work on accomplishing the weekly goals set out in their action plan
To enroll in the program, folks need to attend one of our information sessions. We host two virtual information sessions on the first Wednesday of the month.
To register, follow the links below;
Workshops and Clinics
Resume and Cover Letter Clinic
Third Wednesday of Every Month.
Learn how to build a great resume and cover letter and get assistance in a workshop setting.
4-5pm: Resume and cover letter presentation by PRISM ESS staff.
5-6PM Assistance with your resume from PRISM ESS staff and volunteers; complimentary printing and protective folder to take home. Come back whenever you need to for more help!
Mock Interview Skill ‘n Chill
Fourth Wednesday of Every Month. Starting July 27, 2022.
Learn how to market yourself and become more confident at job interviews while connecting with your community!
4-4:15pm: Interview skills presentation by PRISM staff.
Until 6pm: Work with PRISM staff, volunteers, and peers practicing common interview questions; complimentary resume and cover letter printing and protective folder to take home. Come back for multiple sessions if you need more help!